Exciting NEW Ham Radio Summer event for DXers.
Our Summer Challenge 2020 “SC2020” is a fun event organised by the EI DX Group, open to ham radio operators worldwide over the 2020 summer months. Make contact on the HF / VHF Bands, earning points for each unique DXCC, Zone, Irish County and EI DX Group participating member.
- Beginning June 1st through August 30th, simply accumulate as many DXCCs, CQ WAZ, EIDXG members and EI/GI Counties as possible. Each one only counting once regardless of which Band or Mode you work them on (SSB, CW or DIGI)
- Easy Downloadable / Printable check-sheet to tick off each time you work a new counter.
- Use your own logging software, all we need is your log sent to us no later than September 6th in order to be scored.
- Plaques awarded to the Leaders in EI/GI, Europe and Rest of World. (in the event of a tie “equal score” the winner will be the one who worked their last counter in the shortest length of time).
- Open to all, so why not join in the fun and get DXing again?
- Full information and downloads below.
The EIDXG Summer Challenge 2020 begins on June 1st at 00:01 UTC and ends on Sunday 30th August at 23:59 UTC.
Open to everyone. All you need to do is to work as many unique DXCCs, CQ Zones, participating EIDXG members and as many of the 32 EI/GI Counties as possible.
Each counts just once, regardless of which Band or Mode you work it on. Example: Your first KL7 QSO will give you 1 point for Alaska and another point for Zone 1. If you work another KL7 station on a different Band or Mode it doesn’t give anything additional. If you work 10 stations in county Dublin for example, you get the point for your first QSO with Dublin only. If you work Declan EI6FR on 20m CW, you’ll get 1 point as he is an EIDXG member. You do not get any additional points if you work him on different Bands or Modes. If you work Hal W8HC, you get a point as he is an EIDXG member…etc..
Download the Check-sheet’s (or Excel format ) and mark off each one as you work them. Alternatively, why not print them off and have them next to your radio for convenience.
There will be winners in the following categories:
Rest of World
..plus Bonus prizes!
In the event of a tie (stations with same score), the Winner will be the one who worked their last counter in the least amount of time.
Your ADIF or Cabrillo log to be submitted to email@example.com no later than September 6th. Include your claimed score and full postal address address.
Winners announced at ‘DX Féile 2020‘ on October 3rd.
Organiser’s decision is final in all matters regarding this event.
Enjoy the chase!
Please feel free to leave a comment on our Facebook post or share with a friend as this is open to ham radio operators worldwide.